Thursday, April 26, 2012

PLNs

There are a few PLN’s for math teachers that I found. The one I am most interested is in connection with NCTM, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. To be honest, joining one now seems a little strange. I almost feel like, because i won’t be student teaching for another semester that I won’t have to much to offer. Kind of like I will be taking and taking and providing nothing to the group. One thing I have actually been discussing with a professor in the math department is fostering a better community between teachers and students, majors especially, so as to improve the way we work together. The conversation was focused on finding some sort of lounge for math students to come and work in that is near the professors’ offices. With these discussions of PLNs, i am wondering if we can’t start one among our xavier students or even with other colleges and universities. We can bounce questions and ideas off of one another and learn and understand the subject we all love so much even more. I hope to see this happen sometime in the future. I think it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment