Thursday, April 26, 2012

What’s it like to see / hear yourself teaching?- Well...weird!

    It was a little strange being on the other side of myself teaching. Watching or hearing myself doing something that was recorded has always been something that was weird for me, After watching the final version of my video lesson introduction my first critique would be that I need to enunciate more. The video was filmed on a simple digital camera, so the sound quality wasn’t going to be spectacular, however, it was still kind of difficult to understand. I think I did a good job of making good eye contact and keeping my face forward as opposed to facing the board the entire time. Sometimes, when i’m thinking on the spot, i say “um” while i try to put the words together. I don’t think I do it a huge amount, but I still noticed when I did it. I think that as I teach more I will become more practiced in thinking before speaking and speaking more concisely. I have a lot more to learn and a lot of room for improvement but I am so excited and ready to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment